Thursday, June 06, 2013

This is what I say when sites ask me to describe myself

Ok I guess this is the only way that I can write using my current web browser, which of course gives me all sorts of stress that I am becoming out-moded again. Anyways I use this paragraph that took me a week to come up with:



 Hmmmm. I am one of those guys that makes parents scratch their heads for a bit, but after a while they understand. I try to treat every relationship like it is the last one I am going to have. When I say, "I love you," to me, that is a commitment and I will always feel that way (from one degree to another), because I am not shallow. I also believe that you shouldn't "break-up" unless all other avenues have been exhausted (unless they cheat on me or there are signs of abuse, etc.), so I think couple's counseling is great! It would also be nice to meet those who do not freak when they hear " HIV POSITIVE," which I have been for over 21 years, and have not passed it to anyone. I have been in multi-year relationships negative guys, and they have stayed that way. In other words, I know how to have a great time and still be safe. I read somewhere that one of the reasons we have such a hard time making relationships last is that we have no role models to "lead the way" (that, and we are not raised with being gay as an option), so I think we need to show straight people that we take our relationships as seriously as they claim thy do. Yes, I have a few vices and a few bad habits, but don't we all? It's those perfect people who scare me. You know, the ones who tan by opening the refrigerator door at night? In a way, you could say I am "newly single." My ex told me he stopped loving me "that way" and I am "sexually unattractive" (a truly horrible thing to say when you are dumping someone. The only benefit one gets from saying that is now they have stuck the knife a little deeper. If you loved him/her at one time, be somewhat kind when something else strikes your fancy. Remember: Kharma IS a bitch). So I will let you decide in that area. So this is me, as much as I could think of at 3AM f& given a 2000 character limit. I may not join right away (yes, he is poor, no snobs please), but I am nervous too. These sites never work for me. I am getting tired of filling these things!

No comments: