Thursday, November 04, 2004

Okay I am going to start this. . .

Okay, well, I think I have this thing figured out, and I am going to really make an attempt at doing this with some sort of regularity.

Well, this is what you see about me if you put my name in a search engine. First you have to go to the Nebraska Center for Writers website and click on my name, and you would get this:

Actor, playwright, and poet BRIAN E BENGTSON is a native of Omaha but has been to enough different places to be content in calling this city his home. In 1986, he started working with the Omaha Magic Theatre and has appeared in eight touring and in-house productions, such as Sleazing Towards Athens, Kegger, and Sea of Forms. His one-act play, Fags in the Mall, was first produced by The Crawlspace Theater in New Orleans in 1991. For four years, he served as Poetry Editor for The New voice of Nebraska, the state's oldest gay and lesbian magazine, until it folded in 1998. His poetry has appeared in magazines such as Poetry Motel, HurĂ£kan, Bay Windows, and David's Place. His first chapbook, entitled Gay. ... Some Assembly Required, was published by Lone Willow Press in 1995. His next collection of poems, First Chill, will be published through PublishAmerica (www.publishamerica.com) in 2005.

So that's me. . I have also been HIV positive for over 13 years, which is a big part of my life in so many ways. Kinda hard to forget something that has changed, is changing, and some would say eroding my life for over a decade.

But enough about me for now.

Love, and all that stuff,

Brian

No comments: