Saturday, November 06, 2004

So, how does someone get any feedback from this thing? I am just a bit curious.

Recently I joined a wonderful online writing group, Fanstory.com (www.fanstory.com), where I have received such wonderful help with my writing, and some "warm fuzzies" that have really made my day. It is hard to be a writer sometimes, even harder when your passion is poetry. Like I have told many guys I tried to meet online,"I am a freelance (which really means 'I am not getting paid right now') writer and poet. . . Because the job title 'poet' has not been a paying position since the Middle Ages, I have a few 'side jobs' to take care of the bills. . ."

So what do I do for cash? I clean. Thanks to my mother being very very anal retentive (and I think as a defense mechanism when she realized that she was trapped in the house all day with three young boys), I am a great maid. I like to call it "playing Hazel for pay." The bad part is that I get so tired of cleaning, that I do not want to even touch my own home. But when you have a cat and a dog who live to shed, you learn to vacuum whenever/wherever you can. . . .

No comments: